- Member of Maryland Judicial Campaign Conduct Committee, 2006
- Member of Democrats for Ehrlich/Steel Gubernatorial Campaign 2002
- Completed integration of Harford County Public Schools, 1960 Pettit vs. Board of Education of Harford County.
- Counsel to Prince Hall Grand Lodge, 1975 to present.
- Member of Baltimore Blews (Blacks and Jews), 1975 to 1980.
- Co-Chairman, Maryland Jimmy Carter for President Primary and General Elections, 1976
- Chairman, Jessie Jackson Campaign, Baltimore City, 1984.
- Counsel to Baltimore County Branch, NAACP, 1984 to 1986.
- Member of the Conference Call Panel for WFBR and WCBM, 1988 to 1998.
- Host, Harford County Radio WHRF, "Talking with A. Dwight Pettit".
- Co-host, WOLB Radio Program "It's the Law", sponsored by Pettit/Frank & Associates.
- Served as visiting legal analysis and commentary on WMAR TV, Channel 2 for O. J. Simpson trial and the Clinton impeachment.
- Partnership formation with Arthur Frank & Associations creating Pettit/Frank & Associates, 1994.
- Frequent legal analyst and radio guest for WOLB Radio, WEAA Radio, WCBM Radio.
National T.V. Appearances
- MSNBC (police shootings)
- The Maury Provich Show -- Mike Tyson
- The Leeza Show -- Mike Tyson
- Howard University Law School 1970 J.D.
- Howard University School of Liberal Arts 1967 B.A.
- Aberdeen High School 1963 Diploma
- Honorable Discharge from the United States Air Force, 1971
- Highest rank obtained: 2 nd Lieutenant